On Mon, December 18, 2006 8:39 am, Gonzalo Gorosito wrote:
> I have a little problem with the error_reporting in my php.ini
>
> Every time I get errors like this:
>
> Notice: Undefined index: userData in
> /var/www/devzone/megacam/inc/functions.php on line
>
> And here is my php.ini:
>
> error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Check with <?php phpinfo();?> but almost for sure your php.ini that
you are editing is not the one PHP is actually using...

Cuz you wouldn't be getting those notices if it was.

Either that, or you forgot to re-start Apache (or other web-server)
after you edited php.ini

php.ini gets read at web server startup rather than on every page hit,
for performance reasons.

> display_errors = On
>
> how can I do to shut up these fucking notices? :$

Of course, the BETTER solution is to use [bleeping] data that doesn't
[bleeping] exist.
:-)

if (isset($whatever['userData'])) do_whatever($whatever['userData']);

The message you are getting is pointing out a logic bug in your code,
where you are relying on the value of the data to be '' by default,
rather than explicitly stating what value it should be.

It's also crucial if you have register_globals ON to fix any E_NOTICE
messages of this nature, or you're wide open for some kind of data
insertion attack.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?