Chris W wrote:
> When calling |->createElement($name, $value) My content is truncated to

what version of php? what version of libxml?

> around 4k.  If what is in $value is less than 4000 bytes then it works

is the limit actually 4096 bytes per chance? (that seems more likely)

what happens when you create the element with an empty value then use
something like this?:

$el = $foo->createElement($name, '');
$el->nodeValue = $yourBigString;

also are you able to use $foo->createElementNS() ? does that suffer from the
same limit?

could it be a problem with the actual contents of your $value variable?
what does it contain? (especially around the 4K bytes mark)

I tried in vain to find something in the php source that might
point to your problem.. that's not to say there is nothing there, it's just my
skills/understanding aren't up to the job.