Skip Evans wrote:
I'm doing some maintenance work on a site that features podcasts and some of them work and some of them don't.

I've never worked with podcasts before, and while I'm figuring out how they work I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tutorial sites on them and perhaps even programming them in PHP.

I've done some Googling but haven't found anything really good.

"Programming podcasts" makes no sense. A podcast is a media file that is made available for download. I assume that when you say 'programming them in PHP' you mean developing a site to publicise your podcast.

Given that assumption your easiest route is to find a blogging package that supports podcasts. There's a list that will get you started here...

    http://www.podcastingnews.com/topics/Podcasting_Software.html

If you're wanting to do something more custom you first need to understand that there is nothing particularly special about podcasts. They are literally just files that are published on a website.

I Googled for info on publishing a podcast and came up with dozens of good tutorials and references. Try harder.

If I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, please elaborate.

-Stut