2006/12/31, Michel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I (very simply) try to open a "notepad" on a simple text file in a
simplistic PHP script, and would like to go on and display the next page
without waiting for this notepad to be shut.

After various attempts, I have used an :

exec ('bash -c cmd /C start /MAX notepad "my_file" > NUL');

... but it still wait for the shutting of the notepad ..!

Could anybody help me ?

For clarification :
1) I use this script on a machine which is in the same time "server" and
"client", which gives "meaning" to this operation.
2) I use "bash -c" because I have the cygwin platform which can easily
initiate tasks in background, but it could be suppressed, because it "de
facto" changes nothing...

Thank's for help.

Michel.