I apologize for the previous message. This one should wrap better.

To Ligaya and Jochm,

Thanks for your answers.

I have read and tried what several tutorials say to do. I have used both arrays and query strings to specify the post fields. I had not seen the tutorial Ligaya mentioned, but it was not essentially different from the others I have seen. And the PHP cURL documentation assumes that I know a lot more about what each option means than I do. I have been reading and re-reading that for days now.

I have the feeling that there is a CURLOPT_something or other that I should be using and am not, but I have no idea what it could be.

I thought it might have to do with cookies or verification or something, but I think I have tried all possible relevant combinations of those things.

I guess I will let it go for a while -- I was hoping someone would tell me that they had thus and such problem and did this and that to fix it and that that would work for me. (OK, so I'm an optimist (optomist??))

Thanks again, guys.