On Thu, January 4, 2007 6:30 pm, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-04 16:19:19 -0600:
>> On Thu, January 4, 2007 2:28 am, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>> > # [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-04 08:21:37 +0200:
>> >
>> > Your written English is very good. If you can understand what you
>> > wrote and can read replies (in English) from the list, you should
>> > have no problems understanding the manual.
>>
>> Well that's funny.
>>
>> As a native speaker, I often have trouble understanding the manual,
>> especially the PCRE bits.
>>
>> I understand all the words, and all the sentences make perfect
>> grammatical sense.
>>
>> But how they apply and what the implications are and WHEN they
>> apply...
>
> A picture is worth of a thousand words. If you're confused,
> experiment!

A good experimenting tool for Regex is "The Regex Coach"

I can't recommend it highly enough.

There's a couple places where it differs from PHP, and you have to
escape stuff in PHP once you figure out what PCRE wants, but it's
definitely a very good laboratory for PCRE.

Sometimes, though, experimenting only leads to more and more
frustration, as PCRE can seem quite random, rather than designed...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?