On Wed, January 24, 2007 7:41 am, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-24 13:57:03 +0200:
>> and also in these days I'm looking for 19 inch (or more) wide LCD
>> sceerns to able to fit longer lines in my screen...
>
> Number of reading errors people make grows with line length,
> this has been known for as long as I remember.  You're increasing the
> probability of bugs in the code, and get tired sooner because
> following
> long lines requires more energy.

I believe those results are specific to what is being read.

Surely it's easier to read:

SELECT blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

if it's all on one line, no matter how many fields there are, while
trying to read the code as a whole.

Sure, it can be "hard" to find/read the individual field names, on the
rare occasion that you need to do that...

Assuming you actually planned your DB and queries out to fit your
application needs in the first place.  I guess if you're coding in an
unstructured iterative way to design the db, then, yeah, it would be
harder on the eyes as you morph that statement into what it should
be...
:-v

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.