On Thu, January 25, 2007 9:53 am, Jim Lucas wrote:
> http://www.cmsws.com/examples/php/preg_match/example01.php

The \t inside of '' has no special meaning.
So you don't have a TAB character in there.

You need "" to get \t to mean TAB

Once you do that, you should then escape the $ with \$ instead of just
$ in order to be blatantly clear, even though $% is not going to parse
as a variable anyway.

Also, you really ought to use http://php.net/htmlentities on any data
going to the browser, as what we see and what you expect won't match
up otherwise.
echo "String is: '", htmlentities($str), "'<br />\n";

Finally, to be completely pedantic, echoing out raw $_GET data is a
big XSS hole waiting to be exploited.  Start reading here:
http://phpsec.org/

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?