I have a form that uses Javascript to validate form field entries, and if
they are incorrect it returns an error to the user.

After the Javascript processing is complete, it submits the form to my save
page. However it seems that once the processing is complete and it passes to
the save page, none of my $_POST variables are being passed.

Is this normal, or is there a work around for it?

My Javascript has multiple checks. Below is a very condensed version:

<script language="JavaScript">
function checkForm() {

if (inputForm.cc_phone_number.value == "") {
alert( "Please enter a phone number." );
inputForm.cc_phone_number.focus();
return;
}

document.Submit.submit();
}
</script>

And this is my Save option at the bottom of my page

<form name="Submit" action="save.php" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
width="680">
title="Save">Save</a></td>
</form>

When I click on save, it does go thru all the checks correctly and prompts
to enter info if anything is left out. It then passes me to the
save.phppage as it should, but all of my $_POST('XXXXX') values come
in blank.