From: Jack Sasportas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 May 2001 17:46
To: php
Subject: Re: [PHP] Date & Time Formatting ??

Here is what I am trying to do, but I get the wrong date:

$t_data_array[1]=date("m/d/y",mysql_result($db_result,$db_record,'date'));

Then I simply print the value in the array....this date instead of 05/08/01
comes
out 12/31/69

Thanks!

Jon Haworth wrote:

> I think the best way to handle this is not to care what it looks like in
the
> database. Store your dates as UNIX timestamps, and then they are easy to
do
> calculations on and/or convert to any date format you like for displaying
in
> your pages.
>
> Read up on date() and mktime() for more info (there are loads of examples
in
> the user notes).
>
> HTH
> Jon

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'