On Tue, February 20, 2007 10:32 am, Otto Wyss wrote:
> I've an input field in a form
>
> <input name="username" type="text" ...
>
> and with register_global I can use this field in PHP as variable
> $username.

You really really should turn OFF register_global for new code
development...

> Yet if I use a session variable
>
> $_SESSION['username'] = 'value'
>
> the variable $username gets the same value. On the other side when I
> enter a value in the input field, the session variable isn't changed.
> So
> how can I set the session variable from the input field after it has
> changed?

If you want to sort out the mess of which variables are coming from
where, use $_POST and $_SESSION and $_GET instead of $username

You should not blindly put POST/GET data into your SESSION data.
NEVER trust user-supplied data.

Start reading about that here:
http://phpsec.org/

> O. Wyss