On Feb 23, 2007, at 12:18 AM, Jim Lucas wrote:

  diddly.com?id=fred&total=goof

First of forgoing the http:// missing, this still isn't a qualified URL

Yeah, I was just giving an example of what I wanted.

echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
and see what it returns

I said in the post, it returns an error: "Undefined index." I wonder if this doesn't work on a Wintel server? Is it supposed to return the whole thing?

if for some odd reason that doesn't work try: echo $_SERVER ['QUERY_STRING'];

Yes, thanks, that gave me what I wanted, or at least it will together with 'PHP_SELF' that part of the URL that I wasn't getting otherwise.

show us an example of the script that generates the error

I was testing just with simple echo statements.

Looks like you either typed this pretty fast or maybe you had a few typo's. Review your code and check that you are using underscores and not hyphens.

Yes, sorry -- I was both in a hurry (wife "gently" beckoning me to get moving) and drugged up. My code was syntacticly correct.

Thank you for your help, Jim.

Ken