Marc Burgauer wrote:
I found various links via Google mentioning the problem of ordering the extension in the ini file. In my case this hasn't produced quite the result. I haven't found an order that works for me.

Here the problem:

Freebsd 6
apache 1.3.34
PHP 5.2.1

I am using the ports collection and I have done a complete update prior of attempting building PHP5.

My apache crashes with a "exit on signal 11 (core dumped)" on restart. The culprit seems to be the pgsql.so extension in the ini file. I found a work around, which might shed some light to people who understand the extension mechanism.

Could be a version mismatch (ie the pgsql.so is compiled for php 4.x and the rest are for php 5.x).

Having said that, the internals list would be a better place to ask because they would be able to help you debug/work out exactly what's going on (they're the C coders, we're just the plebs who use the end result ;) ).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/