On 3/9/07, Michael Clayfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

when i open up a url with fopen(), i get this error message:*

Warning*: fopen(http://sumurlhere.whatever/index.html) [function.fopen
<http://127.0.0.1/bots2/function.fopen>]: failed to open stream: A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond. in
*C:\xampp\htdocs\bots2\main.php* on line *4
*
i believe this could because i am behind a proxy server, would someone
be able to confirm this? also if this is the problem, where would i set
the proxy server to be used?*
*

Maybe you could post your code, let's say line 1-5....
I don't know a lot about proxy, but you might want to take a look at the
curl documentation, I don't know what your exactly gonna retrieve from the
server, but i think curl could do it.
curl documentation: www.php.net/curl

Tijnema