> > Hi
> > I'd like to ask you for the help
> > I'm using Squirellmail with plugin Shared calendar. This is simple
> > nice plugin written by Paul Lesniewski But I found the bug in this
> > plugin. The bug seems to be related with variable and memory.
> > The scripts are really slow and sometimes takes 20-30 seconds under
> > some conditions.
> > Unfortunately Paul is busy and has no time to examine it.
> Just told me
> > that it seems like there is a problem in that all files are
> inspected
> > even when it just needs to look for one file.
> > I found out what caused this delay and what action but I'm not good
> > programmer therefore I cannot repair it by myself Can
> anybody look at
> > this plugin and bug ? I can provide more information Can
> anybody give
> > me some advice how to proceed?
>

> You should post AS MUCH information as you have, that way
> someone can look at it and decide if it is something they can
> do right away.

So I hope this can tells more

The plugin is using file backend for user calendar data.
The structure is simple:

<data_dir>

  |---- calendar_data

         |---- private_calendars
         |       |
         |       |- iCal files containing only calendar info
         |          for user personal calendars

         |---- public_calendars
         |       |
         |       |- iCal files containing only calendar info
         |          for public calendars

Problem is with files stored in the private calendars folder. There are
files related to users. In my case there is thousands files. When I
deleted this files plugin run without any problem. When the count of
files is increasing it's getting worst
 Here is the answer from Paul: seems like there is a problem in that all
users are inspected even when it just needs to look for one user When
user files has increased the scripts stopped running and I got error:
Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate
128bytes)

I had to increased memory_limit = 64M in php.ini but this is temporaly
solution that force the plugin to work

So it seems there is problem with variable $calId that is responsible
for unique names of the private calendars But I cannot redefine it or
change it I think it is necessary to install this plugin with SM

Thanks a lot

PEt