On 3/12/07, Brad Fuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey guys,

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out the right
pattern to use to extract a URL from a string using preg_match().

I've been STFW for a while now, and all the examples that I find are for
extracting URLs from within a <a href=""> tag.

Here's what I need, and I'm sure it's quite common, especially with forums
etc.; hopefully someone has a code snippet they can share.

INPUT:

This is some text http://www.example.com/page.html this is some more text.

OUTPUT:

This is some text <a
href="http://www.example.com/page.html";>http://www.example.com/page.html
</a>
this is some more text.

Thx in advance,

-B

I'm not very familiar with PCRE, but you should search for a pattern
starting with http: and ends with a space.

Tijnema