On Mon, March 19, 2007 3:39 am, Angelo Zanetti wrote:
> I would like some honest answers and if you have any experience with
> problems or no problems running PHP on a windows server.

Let me put it this way:
Core PHP will not make Windows any less stable than it already is.

That means that if you have one of the 0.01% of Windows SysAdmins who
actually is competent, then you should be fine.

If not, then PHP isn't going to help matters.

If you start adding in some seldom-used DLL extensions...  No
promises. :-)

Check with people who actually USE PHP on Windows with heavy volume,
if you can find any...

Is there still a php-windows@ list from php.net?

> Basically we are interested to know if there are any problems/security
> issues/stability issues/performance issues or any other issues running
> production site (big live site) on a windows server.
>
> Im assuming it will be running IIS.

You really shouldn't, as Apache on Windows is a good way to transition
to a real server. :-)

Disclosure:
I hate MS and have a severe bias.

YMMV