Hi,

Some problems are universal and we cannot fix them in computer science. I
think it's better to educate/guide your visitors about such names that they
write in correct capitalization

Regards
--
Shafiq Rehman (ZCE)
http://phpgurru.com | http://shafiq.pk

On 3/21/07, Tijnema ! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/21/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, March 20, 2007 8:41 am, Tijnema ! wrote:
> > What's against just capitalizing the first letter?
> >
> > Of course there exists a lot of different combinations where a capital
> > letter should be, but if names are coming in like MCDONALD or
> > mcdonald, a user would be happy if he sees Mcdonald.
>
> You have clearly never ever dealt with musicians. :-)
>
> They will not just accept the wrong capitalization.
>
> You will need to fix it.
>
> I'll hazard a wild guess somebody will complain about the uc_first
> solution, and for every complaint, you can count on 10 more who just
> shrugged it off, but it's still wrong.

Well, then you are working for hours on implementing filters for
special names, and then you still get a few names wrong... and then
you did all that work for a few fixes. It's just not worth to create
such filter.

Tijnema