Alain Roger wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know what is the best solution for my problem.

When a user is connected to a https page and a session is open, if user
close his browser, the session ID is still active in the browser "history". It means that next time when user will start his browser, the browser will re-use the same session ID and will work with php pages without any problem.

I was thinking to use cookie to solve this issue, but what should i do when
user browser refuse cookies ?

thanks a lot,

Why not store the session data in a database and set an expiration for that session, so even if the session data is preserved it would be expired, and thus force the user to re-authenticate or reload their session variables.
-B