On 3/22/07, markw@mohawksoft.com <markw@mohawksoft.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> # markw@mohawksoft.com / 2007-03-22 08:49:59 -0400:

>> Ralf S. Engelschall's OSSP UUID library wrapped in a PHP extension
>> (shipped with the library) won't work in safe mode? How's that?
>
> I quote the wrong guy i think, i meant to quote this
>> If you are running Linux, you can get this using:
>>    $GUID =  exec("uuidgen");
> As this is using the exec function, which doesn't work with safe mode on.
>

>> > Generating a psudo-random unique key doesn't seem to be something PHP
>> does
>> > well. I can post an extension this afternoon if anyone wants to use
>> it.
>>
>> I'm curious.

Take a hop over to www.mohawksoft.org, and check out "download," download
MUniqID and tell me what you think.

It should build as a module.

I'm not sure where you want to use it for, but keep in mind that if
you are gonna use external modules/applications it will probably work
only on your development server. Not everyone (nearly nobody) has such
modules installed, so if you are planning to distribute, you need to
keep in mind that everyone that want's to use the script, will need to
install the used module/app.

Tijnema