This has to do with session garbage collection. Check the
"session.gc_probability" option in your php.ini. I suspect the default value
of 1 means 1% chance of a collection on each session start. Changing it to
100 did the trick for me.

But do consider whether you really *want* to do garbage collection every
time a session starts. Lower values should work as well, just with a little
delay.

Regards,
Jakob Kruse

9ddf72$j2t$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9ddf72$j2t$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...