At 8:36 PM -0500 4/10/07, Richard Lynch wrote:
 > With millions of different images and more being added, it presents a
 considerable challenge to crack.

I think not...

You only have to find 10,000 people who hate MS and give each of them
200 unique images to identify.

Well actually, all one would need to do is to setup a asirra captcha and have people solve it. Then in the background tag which is cat/dog and store.

I estimate that one could easily identify 12 images in 20 seconds, 36 per minute. As such, identification of two million pictures would take less than 1000 man hours.

So you are right -- it's not the formidable problem I thought.

FOr that matter, the images are coming from Petfinder, according to
their blurb...

How tough could it be to find the same bytes in an image in Petfinder
and then detect the "cat" or "dog" tag on their website -- assuming
they have categorized their Petfinder images by species/genus?

Good point.

Cheers,

tedd
--