Couple of questions come to mind...

1. How big is this template that you're loading? Not sure why almost any HTML
file would take up 300+ meg of memory when loaded into a variable.  Are you

2. Replacing the placeholders with actual data increases memory that much?
Damn.. maybe I'm just ignorant of how PHP maintains things in memory, but that
seems kind of nuts too

3. Do you have to store each newsletter in memory at each loop or can you send
them out then move to the next one without storing them in an array or whatever
you're doing?

4. Please tell us these 'newsletters' don't contain information on "male
enhancement products" or "govt seized puppies"..hah

-TG