On Fri, April 13, 2007 7:15 pm, Buesching, Logan J wrote:
> You can't really do `php -v` on the command line, unless you know
> which
> php you are using.  If you have several installations of PHP, then
> doing
> `php -v` will just get you the version of PHP for which is loaded
> first
> from your path.  I'd do a `which php` to make sure you are using php 5
> first before `php -v`

And even if you know which php you are using on CLI, it may have
nothing to do with the PHP being run on the actual web-server...

You really should use <?php phpinfo();?> for the web environment to
figure out what the web environment is, if you want to be 100% sure
that what you see is what you got.

I've had hosts where CLI php was radically different from web php --
and presumable they could tuck the FCGI php binary away somewhere that
you can't get at it, while having an entirely different one in your
$PATH.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?