Command line tool...  bork no!

UGH, *friggin muttering and more muttering*

FIRST go to Start-> Control Panel -> Mail
Look at the Data Files
Choose to Browse the folder
LOOK at the PST size, if it is CLOSE or OVER 2GB, start a new one, Outlook borks itself on a 2GB PST file

Then look at the path and copy it

THEN GO HERE:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMapi\1033\ScanPST.exe

Give it the path you copied out, then choose one PST and run it
Go get your favorite beverage and wait
Run this tool on EVERY pst file

Then and ONLY THEN should you re-open Outlook

IF your pst file is over 2GB, go back to the Data Files (from the mail window I never told you to close) and make a new one Then go to the Accounts window (from the same mail window) and set it to use the new PST file for your mail delivery (it'll be in the space underneath the list of your accounts)
=================================

Unless you aren't locked into Outlook, then go to http://mozilla.org and download and install Thunderbird
Then tell it to Import your mail and news settings after Installing it.

Wolf

Jochem Maas wrote:
Beauford wrote:
Does anyone else have this problem with the list. It seems that every time I
check my email there is one or more messages from the list that royally
screws up Outlook. I usually have to delete all list messages from the
actual server and reboot. It only happens with emails from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just trying to narrow down the problem. Not sure if this is spam that's
sneaking into the list messing things up or what.

your first problem is that your using Outlook. it may have been forced
upon you, but if you have the choice give thunderbird a twirl
(it's capable of importing all your mail, contacts and stuff btw).

your second problem smells like the old 'your PST file is too big' problem.
try archiving a load of old mail, and/or start using a fresh/new pst file,
additionally
you may want to try the 'compress folders' option which hides out somewhere in
the bowels
of Outlook. lastly your pst file may be plain borked - there is a command line
tool scanpst.exe which might be able to help with that.

Thanks