Richard Lynch wrote:

>>> Depends on server API. ISAPI does, fastCGi doesn't.
>> OK; so for serving multiple concurrent clients ISAPI would sound to me
>> like the better choice, since it can use threads, or what would be the
>> advantage of using fastcgi?
>
> I believe you can also manage better control over the user running
> FCGI that having it embedded in ISAPI, but I could be 100% wrong on
> that.

OK, but that shouldn't affect performance in any way. But I'll keep that
in mind.

While I'm writing this, I think about this, and at least with ASP and
VBScript I think the scripts are executed in the IUSR_[xx]-context if
your website allows anonymous connections, otherwise there is some other
user that is used for IIS-apps, or you could inherit the context of the
user calling the website (if you're using digest authentication or
integrated windows authentication).

--
... If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL!