Zoltán Németh wrote:
2007. 04. 26, csütörtök keltezéssel 23.19-kor ed gregory ezt írta:
Hi list,

I have been trying to make "printer friendly version" feature for a
web site and have encountered a problem. Each page of the web site is
composed of a header.php, footer.php and the content of the page which
uses "include_once" to include the above mentioned pages. I have tried
all known methods of reading the file I want to have "printer friendly
version" for, but all of them return a complete page (page with code
of footer.php and header.php included, and not the original).

So, here is what I get:
***********************
<title>aaa</title>
some content here
***********************

And what I need is:
***********************
<?
include_once "header.php"
?>
some content here
<?
include_once "footer.php"
?>
***********************

After I get the original code I can exclude the "include" php tags and
print only the main content.

So, the question is: is there any way (except for FTP functions) to
solve this?

well you either execute the script and get the result as in your first
example, or you either read the php file (using file() or fread() or
something) but then it won't be executed at all, which would give you
php code instead of the markup you want

I've done printer friendly version once as a separate "mode" of the
page, in which case I echoed only the stuff needed for the printer
friendly version

greets
Zoltán Németh

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ed

--
http://www.freenet.am/

Ed you may consider using CSS for screen and print versions.