On Sat, April 28, 2007 5:10 pm, Brad Sumrall wrote:
> But!!!!!
> I am now noticing that the main page provides cookies called
> _utma
> _utmb
> _utmc
> _utmz
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually, they each have an extra underscore on front, I think.

__utma etc.

These are from some non-PHP session/cookie management setup, I believe.

Google analytics will cause that, as you are hitting Google's tracking.

Likewise many other popular "plug-in" HTML/JavaScript stuff like
banner advertisements, inktome, akami, etc.

I'm not quite sure which goofy system needs FOUR friggin' cookies with
a, b, c, and z after __utm, but it's sure annoying as hell to those of
use who don't accept cookies willy-nilly...

I pretty much stop visiting any site that needs to set more than 1
cookie, as I assume its developers haven't got a clue what they are
doing, and therefore I don't want to give them any personal
information, as I don't trust them.

I let the __utma crowd slide, as I know it's some big-time
everybody-use-it mess, but I'm still less likely to give any
substantive input to such a site.

Call me paranoid.

PS Still haven't figured out why you want to report me to PayPal as a
fraud when I don't sell anything through PayPal... :-v

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?