On Thu, May 3, 2007 6:45 am, Dan Shirah wrote:

> On 5/3/07, Travis Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> If you're using window.location="./script.php?var=value", it's not
>> actually using a variable, it's using a string.
>>
>> If you're just using the above as an example, then could you please
>> post
>> the line of javascript for redirecting.

This would help, but it's almost certainly a Javascript problem...

>> Davis Chan wrote:
>> > php generated form ---(data submitted by pressing "submit" on the
>> form
>> > and "ok" on a javascript confirm box)--->
>> > window.location="./script.php?var=value" ---> script.php process
>> the
>> > form data

You need to compose the URL in Javascript with the correct var and
value in it.

Do something like:

url = './script.php?var=' + value;
alert(url);
window.location = url;

so you can SEE the URL you are using.

>> > The problem is I cannot pass the "var=value" to script.php (the
>> url on
>> > browser only says ./script.php? and $_GET is empty with a
>> print_r() )

Yes, if the browser only has ? and the $_GET is empty, that is
consistent.

There is no ?var=value there.

>> > but if I type in the url manually, the script.php works. I checked

Excellent!

>> the
>> > javascript also and it is ok.

I don't see how it CAN be okay, since, like, it's not sending you to
the right URL, and it's not working... :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?