Jason Caldwell wrote:

> > The " will be translated back into "
> > when your form is submitted.
>
> ?? I don't have to convert back??  -- when I eventually submit my Hidden
> Input Fields into my mySQL DB, they'll be converted back to " ?
>
> Confused....

If you have <input type="hidden" name="data" value="The word &quot;here&quot; is
in quotes." />, then when you submit your form, $HTTP_POST_VARS["data"] or
$HTTP_GET_VARS["data"] will be:

The word \"here\" is in quotes.

So you can put the value straight into MySQL. The slashes will not show up in
MySQL. The browser converted the &quot; into ", and PHP for some reason (I still
don't know why) adds slashes before your ' and " characters. If you use the
value elsewhere (aside from just inserting it into MySQL), you'll have to use
the stripslashes() function to get rid of the slashes.