On Fri, May 11, 2007 8:23 am, Bosky, Dave wrote:
> My goal is to be able to import dbf files into MySQL on a nightly
> basis.
>
> Can I enable dbase support by uncomment the dbase extension entry in
> the
> php.ini file or is there more to it?

On Windows, assuming you have the dbase DLL matching your PHP version
in the extensions directory, that's almost all there is to enabling
dbase, I presume -- that's how all the other extensions work...

You also have to re-start Apache, or IIS, or the whole machine,
depending on what you are running and how MS feels that day.

> Are there any working examples available that read and import dbf
> files?

Can you export dbf to something like CSV or tab-delimited?

There are usually stock tools for that, which are efficient and
well-tested.

Importing a CSV or tab-delimited is also stock/easy/efficient/robust.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?