Beware also that if you have an "advertising clause" that requires your name
to stay on it, then you could be preventing GPLed projects from using it.
The GPL is incompatible with "advertising clause" licenses.  That's why the
PHP License, for instance, is GPL-incompatible.  (GPL is the most widely used
Free Software / Open Source license by a very wide margin.)

If you're OK with both open source and proprietary usage, then consider the
LGPL.  It's compatible both directions, only requiring modifications to your
code specifically to be shared.  The modern BSD license is even more
permissable.  It doesn't have a mandatory advertising clause, but IME if you
have a good drop-in module that has a "copyright Me and released under the
LGPL, see home page here" type message most people won't bother taking it
out.

The people who would try to take credit for your code wouldn't care what
license it was under in the first place anyway.

Thank you for sharing your code!

On Sunday 13 May 2007, Daniel Brown wrote:
>     Right, I alluded to that, but perhaps I should've said that exactly, as
> it may bother some people.  In my case, it doesn't bother me in the least,
> just as I use LAMP (all open source) to make a living.
>
> On 5/13/07, Crayon Shin Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sunday 13 May 2007 21:17, Micky Hulse wrote:
> > > I will definitely read-up on the MIT license after I get some zzZZzz's!
> >
> > Don't forget the MIT license allows people to incorporate your code into
> > commercial products and sell for profit without having to give anything
> > back (money/improved code/etc).
> >
> > --
> > Crayon
> >
> > --

Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson