Hi,

I'm using pdo-oci on php-5.2.2 against an oracle-10g server, using
oracle-instantclient (compiled oracle with
'--with-oci8=instantclient,/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib').

The problem...:
I make a simple php script that makes a select from a table. The table
contains spanish characters so I set the enviroment variable NLS_LANG to
SPANISH_SPAIN.AL32UTF8 before running apache (also tried other values that
use iso8859-1...). If I run the script in console (using the CLI version of
php) the returned data is in the desired collation, so I can see the spanish
special characters like "ñ", "ó" and so on... The problem is that running
exactly the same script via HTTP (apache2) I always get question marks
replacing the special characters...

I tried many things... I export the enviroment variable as root and as the
user running the apache daemon, I modified the apache init script to export
the variables just before starting apache, I tried using the putenv function
in php code and no luck at all...

I realized about something that maybe is related... a php script running in
CLI can access any environmental variable, but no any env-var running in
apache... for example the following code:  <?php echo getenv("LC_ALL"); ?>
will return my locale setting in CLI but returns nothing via http... is it
normal?

TIA!