----- Original Message ----- From: "Tijnema !" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Re: Download speed limit

On 5/18/07, Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rangel Reale wrote:
> Hello!
>
> For my application I need to limit the speed that my application sends > data, in my case a binary file.
>
> I need to send the speed as a parameter, like:
>
> sendfile.php?speed=20000
>
> Would send the file at 20kb/s (forgetting about real byte counts for > this example).
>
> To send the file, I am doing:
>
>     $fp=fopen($this->contentfile,"rb");
>     while(!feof($fp)){
>         print(fread($fp,1024*8));
>         flush();
>         ob_flush();
>     }
>     fclose($fp);
>
> If after ob_flush I do a sleep(), I can limit the speed, but I would > like to limit at the speed of the parameter.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Rangel

Will this mean i can set my ?speed=99999999999999999999999999999999

Excellent!

Yeah, that's nice, you limit it, but a little bit smart guy can set it
to whatever he/she wants :)

Tijnema

Hehehe yes, but as I said in a later message, only my application will be accessing this page (hopefully), and the problem is not on the sending server (which has lots of bandwidth) but on the receiving client, where my downloading is killing all its small bandwidth.