THanks,

That's what I thought...

I really only need to check for one value = "success" - anything else should
redirect back to the form entry page and display whatever result has been
returned from the remote site.

cUrl should be able to differentiate between a connection and an application
failure shouldn't it?

The way I see it:

1: If I can connect to port80 THEN continue ELSE goto:6
2: If I get a response THEN continue ELSE goto:6
3: If response contains "result tags" THEN continue ELSE goto:6
4: If "result tags" contains "success" THEN goto:5 ELSE goto:7
5: Display "success" and finish
6: Display connection error and resort to email and finish
7: Reload form and display error returned within "result tags"

thanks
Shannon

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]