i want to set up a php server that can communicate with a client (CLI PHP
Script). I can setup the server socket fine. What i need to know is whether
it is possible for the client to call a function in the servers php code and
the server return the data ready for the client to process??

To start, if anyone could tell me how to use a socket connection from a CLI
client to a CLI server to retreive an array (it'll do for now :)  ....if its
even possible that is!

Sorry if thats not the best explanation!