Ave,

I have a dbase (dbf) database and I¹m using PHP¹s dbase function to open &
search the database.
Each row in the database contains an Account Number and the Date it was
inserted.

I want to search this database for to see if the Account number ($thekey)
was inserted today (using date() to find out today¹s date).

Essentially, here¹s the code:

   $db = dbase_open(try.dbf", 0);
   if ($db) {
     $record_numbers = dbase_numrecords($db);
       for ($i = 1; $i <= $record_numbers; $i++) {
       $row = dbase_get_record_with_names($db, $i);

           $thedate = date(mdY);
           if(($row['ACC'] == $thekey) && ($row['DATE'] == $thedate)) {

I believe you need a "while" instead of an "if".  The "if" will only run
until the first occurance is true.   Whereas a "while" will run to find all
results that are true until it goes thru all of the result rows..

          echo "The Account Number has already been entered once today";
           echo $row['DATE']." : ".$thedate;
           exit;
           }
           else {
           echo "The Account Number exists but not entered today<br>";
           echo $row['DATE']." : ".$thedate;
           exit;

The problem is ­ the scripts stops at the first entry of the Account
Number,
and is not looping through all the rows which contain the Account Number.
So
if the Account Number was entered yesterday, it stops and gives ³The
Account
Number exists but not entered today² even though the Account Number does
exist in another row with Today¹s Date.

How do I make it loop through all the rows and check if there is any entry
with the Account Number & Today¹s Date?

Thanks,

Rahul Sitaram Johari
CEO, Twenty Four Seventy Nine Inc.

W: http://www.rahulsjohari.com
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

³I morti non sono piu soli ... The dead are no longer lonely²