> If there is no need to return a value then I don't do
> so. However, the function is going to process something,
> and surely you should check that the processing has
> succeeded or failed?

This is precisely the point I was going to make.  Unless an argument is
passed in by reference for manipulation within the function, I can't
think of a reason why you wouldn't want to return a value; true or false
at the very least.  You call a function to perform, well, a function.  I
would think that you would want to know whether or not the process
within the function was successful, yes?

thnx,
Chris