On Thu, May 31, 2007 5:55 am, Shaun wrote:
> I have PHP installed as a CGI module on my server. I want to stop
> PHPSESSID
> from appearing in the URL when a users cookies are turned for just one
> account. My hosting company says that this is impossible - they would
> have
> to change php.ini and that would affect every account on the server.
> Also if
> PHP is changed to an Apache module then they won't support it. Is
> there no
> other way around this?

Perhaps you can turn it off in .htaccess

Does CGI utilize .htaccess???

Perhaps you could get them to use suExec and run your CGI with a
different user and environment (i.e., different php.ini) if they don't
want to use Module.

> Removing PHPSESSID is very important for SEO
> purposes...

Really?

I'd expect that the search engine authors are smart enough to not be
messed up by something as common as PHPSESSID in a URL.

Can you provide any objective independent study reference to support
such a claim?

Much SEO information out there is utter crap...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?