On Sunday 10 June 2007, Tijnema wrote:
> On 6/9/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sat, June 9, 2007 8:06 am, Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> > > Timezone: +0200
> > >
> > > that will specify their timezone offset. This way scripts will be able
> > > provide appropriate date/time strings/representations and/or content.
> >
> > It's pretty useless and unreliable since user's clocks/timezone
> > settings are incorrect far too often...
> >
> > YMMV
>
> I agree with you, clock settings are incorrect way too often, I just
> checked my own, and I see that the time is correct, but the Timezone
> is at GMT, while i live in GMT+1, but in summer, it's GMT+2.
> That brings me to the next point, what about DST?
> I've read your complete draft, and it doesn't say anything about DST,
> What should browsers send for my country? +0100 or +0200?

In DST the offset from UTC is adjusted and thus it will become +2 in your
case. Perhaps a note about DST would be usefull. The original idea was to use
the POSIX 1003.1 timezone string that optionally includes the DST information
but this introduces a lot of complexity and was changed to include just the
current offset.

> Ps. what's the next thing we send to the browser? We already sent a
> lot of info through the user-agent header... Next year we send our
> computers specs to the server so that we get a site that is made for
> the performance of our computer?

Perhaps you didn't had a need about this in the past. Have you ever tried
looking at graphs that include time information in them? Just have a look at
mrtg graphs or stock graphs and try to figure what time each point is
supposed to represent.