On Tue, June 12, 2007 7:01 am, tedd wrote:
> I was thinking about this the other day -- computers are fast and
> people are generally slow. So, instead of making the time short,
> examine how fast the answer was obtained. Immediate = computer;
> delayed = human.
>
> Even an easy LETTER CAPTCHA takes time for a human, but a computer
> can recognize and respond much quicker.
>
> I know, spammy can delay his bot's response, but it's just a
> difference between computer/human to consider.

Some sites already employ this kind of thing to stop badly-written
robots from pounding their server.

OTOH, wget has a random delay built-in to defeat this kind of thing.

So somebody somewhere will figure out that's what the trick is, and
write code to bypass it.

So, as before, *ANY* captcha you use will stop the bulk of spam.

*ANY* captcha you use is crackable by somebody somewhere.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?