Hello,

I use CVS in office and home

--
Shafiq Rehman (ZCE)
http://www.phpgurru.com | http://shafiq.pk
Cell: +92 300 423 9385

On 6/18/07, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Stut wrote:
>>> I don't like the branching in subversion, it's a lot easier to work
with
>>> in CVS.

<snip lots of interesting stuff about SVN in action>...

> One other good thing about Subversion is the flexibility of it's hooks.
> You can setup scripts to automatically deploy your changes to a live
> environment. It's ace!

2 points I'd like to make:

1. I'd be very wary of using an auto deployment script that is triggered
upon check in unless the deployment was only to test system. I think that
deployment to a production env should have at least one step that requires
human intervention - at the very least you have someone to blame if the
shit hits
the fan.**

2. CVS has wrapper/hook scripts that can also do tasks like this -
although I
gather that SVN's implementation is friendly & more manageable.

> If you are using an interal Wiki, Ticket system I can thoroughly
> recommend Trac for this. It has excellent integration with Subversion.
>
> Hope that helps.

** 'shit hits the fan' reminds me of something I saw in a LIDL supermarket
-
they had a ripoff version of 'PomBaer' crisps (potato chips) which was
called
'Bears Hit' ... I kid you not! now you too can say with confidence, 'I
feel
like eating some bear shit' :->