On 7/17/07, Sichta, Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Look for AJAX !!!!!

DS

-----Original Message-----
From: C.R.Vegelin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Dynamic refresh dropdown list

I have a selection form with multiple dropdown lists, let's say A, B and
C.
If the dropdown list B is changed, then dropdown list C should be
updated.
To get this done, I use a small javascript
    function reload(form)
    {  var val=form.B.options[form.B.options.selectedIndex].value;
       self.location='myForm.php?B=' + val ;
    }
called by
 <select id="B" name="B" onChange="reload(this.form);">

This works fine, BUT all other dropdown lists are also reset.
So if I select another A, then another B, then also A is reset to its
prior value.
Any idea how I can refresh a specific dropdown,
without affecting all the other dropdowns ?

TIA, Cor

   Cor,

   That's a JavaScript issue, not a PHP issue, so it should really go
to the proper list.  However, at first glance, I'd say that you should
call your specific element because, as you have it right now, you're
resetting the whole form, which is causing all fields within said form
to be reset in tandem.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272