On 7/16/07, Ryan Lao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I uninstalled my old versions of apache, mysql and php then installed wamp
on my computer. everything seems to be working when i access localhost,
except when i go to phpmyadmin. I get this error on screen "MySQL said:
#2003 - The server is not responding"... so i updated the config.php file
but still i get the same error. does this have to do with the old password
or username that i used before with my old mysql? or is it something else
entirely? some help would really be appreciated....

   That's actually a MySQL rather than PHP question, but the error
message gives you the answer in context:

   "The server is not responding"

   1.) Check to make sure it's installed properly.
   2.) Check to ensure that MySQL starts and runs properly without quitting.
   3.) Check the ports on which MySQL's daemon is set to listen.
   4.) Attempt to connect via the shell to MySQL.
   5.) Check your configure.inc.php (I think that's what phpMyAdmin uses)
       5a.) Make sure the IP/hostname is correct
       5b.) If not localhost, make sure the port number is correct
   6.) If connecting to anything other than `localhost` check your
firewall settings

   The username/password combination will have nothing to do with
this particular error, but may become an issue once you've connected
to the server.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272