Hle

on 07/17/2007 03:46 PM Tom Ray [Lists] said the following:
> I'm a little unsure on how to do this but basically when someone uses a
> form to upload a file I want to have a popup window come up and so the
> process in percentage of the transfer.  Anyone do this before? Is it
> possible in PHP or do I need to do it in javascript or a mixture of both?
>
> Any suggestions, ideas, commands or functions to try to use? I would
> greatly appreciate it.

That is a bit complicated but it is possible. There is an extension
named uploadprogress that requires PHP 5.2 but it can run with PHP 4.3
and 4.4 using special patches.

To make it useful you can try a plug-in of this forms class that can
display a progress bar while the form with files is being uploaded. Here
is a live example that you can try:

http://www.meta-language.net/forms-examples.html?example=test_upload_progress

This example restricts upload file sizes to 1MB but you can configure
your scripts to upload files of any size.

Here you can watch a tutorial video about this plug-in:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/video/1/package/1/section/plugin-upload-meter.html

You may download the class from here:

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

--