On Wed, July 25, 2007 3:39 am, Erfan Shirazi wrote:
> The site I'm working on has a lot of notice warnings, thousands. And
> they are all about: (Notice: Undefined variable..)
>
> I was wondering if I set the php.ini file to not log these in file or
> display them, does all of these notice warnings still degrade
> performance? Or does it become a performance issue only when you log
> this on either file or display them?

It's still a performance issue, but not as large, as it's not actually
cramming them onto the hard drive.

There are E_NOTICE messages that are NOT about undefined variables and
that you probably DO want to catch.

The correct solution, however, is to FIX YOUR CODE.

Tackle a half-dozen of those notices every day until they are all gone.

If you tackle the ones that seem to happen the most first, you'll be
amazed how quickly your log slims down to managable.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?