On Monday 06 August 2007 23:57, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm building an web interface for my music collection.
> [/snip]
>
> Have you seen Ampache - http://www.ampache.org/

as a matter of fact... yes.
From my point of view, it seems defect... the only thing it misses is the
ballroom and beer, They could atleast supply a bartender and/or random play
function/DJ. dunno.
I don't need neither mysql overhead, voting, transcoding and LEAST of all a
flashplayer. God forbid, the linux ppc port don't play nice with flash.
Last I checked ice downsampled by itself if asked to, so I really don't
understand why these ppl are using it for proclaiming their product.

Don't know how it stored all the tag data, but i rather use inotify within the
kernel to update a serialized cache file than using fullblown sql here. seems
much more appropriate, since I rather use ssh to update/upload/rename and
move files withing my collection. At least I would like to have the option.
Of course I could connect a daemon to the mysql queries to update...
I just didn't.

As mentioned earlier, I want to make stuff myself, it seems so much cooler
but thanks for the tip =D

--
---
Børge