On 8/10/07, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kevin Murphy wrote:
> > I doubt this, but is there any way to determine via PHP if a browser was
> > refreshed automatically via a META tag vs the person clicking the
> > refresh button?
>
> Add a GET variable to the URL you put in the meta tag to tell you it
> came from the meta tag.
>

> -Stut
>
> You could dynamically generate the meta tag, so it refreshes to your
> page with some extra parameter that wouldn't exist if someone just hit
> F5. It's not foolproof (as the meta tag can of course be seen in plain
> text), but it should give you a high success rate.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich

Hello stut and rich again,

I see you provided both the same solution as me, but did you guys
think of the fact that it only works once?

One they guy is redirected once through the meta tag, it is on the page with url
?from_meta=yes, or something smiliar, now when the user presses F5, it
will stil think the user is redirected through the META tag...

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info