At 7:10 PM +0100 8/9/07, Stut wrote:
Rethink things. There's almost certainly a better way but without knowing why you think you need to do this it's not possible to help any further.

-Stut

I think I understand what the OP is asking.

How about this example:

1. User selects items he wants to purchase and is sent to a "buy" page (with $_POST data).

2. However, the user has not logged in and thus is sent to a log-in page.

3. After the user logs in, the user is returned back to the "buy" page.

Now, in this exchange what's the easiest way to maintain the $_POST data?

For me, I place the data in a $_SESSION array and pull it out if/when the user returns. As you know, there are all sorts of ways to do this and I think that was the question of the poster.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------