On 10/23/07, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My bad, print is not a function, and so:
>
>     print( 'toctoc ' ).'hihi ';
>
> is equivalent to:
>
>     print( 'tocktoc '.'hihi ' );

Ah. I see. I knew they were optional, but I didn't know that when you
include them PHP evaluates ('toctoc') before it passes the value off
to print(). I just figured that with or without the parentheses it
would pass 'toctoc' to print() and return a result that would be
concatenated inline with the other values. I guess that's the part I
didn't understand about the difference between a function and a
language construct in PHP.

As for the OP, I still don't know why anyone would even dream of
creating code that does this other than "to see what would happen if

Andrew